Friday, August 13, 2010

Somehow, my Fridays have a tendancy to turn out like this.



Not that this is a particularly tragic occurance in my life. Trust me, I have been in far, far more socially painful situations. The sort that I will not be telling my children about, not even at gunpoint.


In the grand scheme of things, being home alone on Friday night with a batch of chocolate peanut butter no-bake cookies is not so bad. Not by half. Especially when the cookies are as tasty as these happen to be.








My research (and by that I mean the myriad comments on a food blog far more trafficked than my own) tells me that one of the few challenges of no-bake cookies--because let's face it, these are the pastries of my people, Missourians, who sometimes don't know how to turn on their ovens--is getting the things to set properly. Boil too much and you end up with a chocolatey version of your morning oatmeal, boil too little and you end up scooping them off the wax paper with a spoon. I mostly have trouble with the latter, as no one has ever accused me of being too patient, if you know what I mean.



I borrowed this recipe from the wonderful browneyedbaker website, which is just littered with all sorts of easy-to-make goodies just like this. And though I had just a bit of trouble getting them to pull away from the paper, I blame my own ignorance, not the recipe.





Hop on over to her site if you'd like to try them. I sincerely recommend it. But bring a friend so you don't eat them all by yourself. =)



P.S. : I'm new to this and still discovering the ins and outs of the 'food photography' setting on my semi-cheap camera. So don't hate too much on my botched pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment